5 Tips For Safe Legal Hunting
- Stay on designated trails. Cross-country riding is illegal on most Forest Service and BLM lands, and it is destructive to the environment.
- You can use your trail machine to scout for game and access your hunting camp, but it's illegal to shoot big game animals from your OHV. (Hunters with a disabled permit are exempt from this rule).
- Utility Terrain Vehicles wider than 50 inches are not allowed on ATV trails or singletrack trails. UTVs wider than 50 inches should travel on dirt roads and/or two-track roads that are open during hunting season.
- Park your OHV if you need to leave a trail or road to retrieve a big game animal.
- Do your homework and know what specific areas or hunting units are open to OHVs during big game hunting seasons ... Good sources of information: